Electrical Project Engineer – Highway Construction
Kokosing Construction Company
Individual will be supporting the management and estimation of the implementation of electrical and control systems for highway construction projects.
- They will be involved in managing multiple electrical projects taking the project from estimating through final acceptance to successfully complete company goals.
- In addition, they will be directly responsible within a team for the electrical discipline’s project budget, schedule and job controls, vendor management, submittals and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. Includes planning estimating, procurement, design review, project controls, work assignments, etc.
- Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Develop a timely project cost estimate or bid depending on the requirements of the client utilizing self-perform labor.
- Prepare contract documents to obtain quotes from vendors to provide conduit, wire, controls, power distribution and other specialty items.
- Interface with departments, divisions, and internal staff on issues related to budgeting, staffing, discipline of employees, training/development, scheduling and other activities involving discretion and judgment.
- Review engineering plans and vendor submittals.
- Convert successful estimates into projects.
- Monitor assignments to ensure services are being performed as specified.
- Conduct field visits and spot checks of work being performed.
- Ensure compliance with county, state and OSHA policies and regulations.
- Participate in staffing plans, cost code creation, budget preparation, and business planning efforts.
Education and Experience:
- Previous electrical estimation experience is a plus.
- Previous industrial construction experience is a plus.
- 4-year Engineering or Construction Management degree or equivalent technical training or field experience.
- Targeting entry level but open to all experience levels.
- ISMA Certification for traffic control, traffic signals, or roadway lighting is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time with proven time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong work ethic to complete tasks in a high-quality manner.
- Solid attention to detail with the ability to be a problem solver.
- To be able to easily read and navigate engineering documentation and project plans.
- Read drawings, interpret work specifications and work scopes.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.