Knox Public Health
- Knox Public Health has an Administrative Assistant position open in our Community Health Center division under the direction of the Community Health Center Director.
- Essential Functions
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the Community Health Center CEO; duties include, but are not limited to:
o Coordinate Community Health Center Co-Applicant Board meetings to include, but not limited to: preparing meeting documents, document meeting minutes, communicate accordingly and appropriately with Board members, schedule meetings, appointments and other calendar events for Board members and the Community Health Center CEO
o Write correspondence as requested by the CEO
o Assist with the development and upkeep of the HRSA On-Site Visit (OSV) file
o Gathers relative information for EHB/HRSA reporting, as needed
o Monitor and assist with scheduling and upkeep of the CEO’s calendar to include scheduling and coordination of meetings and daily work
o Performs other duties as requested by the CEO
• Input and maintain compliance within HRSA board governance such as various Board approvals and signatures needed
• In collaboration with the CEO, coordinates and serves as the scribe for relative Community Health Center meetings including, but not limited to: preparing agendas, consulting with appropriate Leadership Team members, filing sign-in sheets and preparing and filing minutes
• In collaboration with Community Health Center administration, assists in developing and maintaining policies and the organization of
• Assist the QI Coordinator with monthly QI meetings including preparing agenda and taking meeting minutes
• Oversee the patient satisfaction survey process including
o Keeping tablets charged
o Distributing tablets to proper employees
o Keeping the distribution schedule up-to-date
o Collect/Coordinating data with the QI/Data Coordinators
• Manages, tracks, and works in collaboration with appropriate Community Health Center employees to maintain quality improvement and assurance compliance
• In the absence of the Administrative Assistant, performs clerical duties for clients to include, but not limited to:
o Register clients as they arrive
o Gather appropriate information to verify income and insurance eligibility
o Assist clients with completion of forms and provide appropriate direction
o Prepare and update, as needed, client charts into web-based software
o Assist with processing insurance claims for clients
o Input and/or update client information and immunization data into web-based software, when needed
• Assist with other Community Health Center duties as needed and/or when noted by the Community Health Center CEO
• Meets all job and safety requirements applicable to OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions and is bonded
• Attends staff meetings and training sessions, as required or requested
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Job Standards
- • Excellent communication, computer, organizational and customer service skills
• Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in administrative secretarial work or administrative program coordination
• Previous experience serving in an administrative support role to organization administrator(s) for at least four (4) years and/or experience coordinating legal/fiscal aspects of administrative programs such as human resources, finance, etc.
• Minimum of an associate degree or relevant certification in related field, bachelor degree, preferred
- Supplemental Information
- This position is regular, full-time 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, subject to a rotating, or flexible, shift schedule; may work additional hours, evenings, and/or weekends as required.
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, sick time, personal leave, and retirement; health, dental, and vision insurance available. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while keeping the standards of output efficient and on task, submit your resume and application to Human Resources, 11660 Upper Gilchrist Road, Mount Vernon, OH 43050 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application can be found at www.knoxhealth.com.
Knox Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer Provider.