Hospice Community Liaison
Hospice of North Central Ohio
Job Description Summary:
The Hospice Community Liaison works with the community to explain the services offered and provided by HNCO. This position is responsible for growing the hospice census in a defined market or territory, representing HNCO in the community, event planning, and marketing communications. The Hospice Community Liaison will oversee sales activities, which includes account identification and development as well as servicing existing accounts (i.e., physicians, facilities, hospitals, social workers, and community organizations, such as church groups and senior centers). This position will also coordinate, organize, and support year-round events to increase and grow community awareness of HNCO, and develop and coordinate marketing plans, publications, and communications, including email, online, social media, and direct mail campaigns.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Reaches out to all referral sources to make sure we are meeting their needs, as well as those of the patients, families, support staff, etc.
- Develops and maintains contact with key community and consumer organizations, to provide education and ongoing updates on HNCO services and benefits available
- Makes calls to potential referral sources each day to promote hospice services, arranges appointments, and delivers programs to keep referral sources current in hospice service offerings
- Maintains an organized approach to territory management
- Identifies, develops and implements new or improved community exposure ideas to promote and encourage referrals for hospice and palliative care
- Initiates and coordinates contract negotiations with facilities, insurance companies, and managed care organizations
- Represents HNCO positively and professionally within the community
- Creates opportunities for intentional connection and dialogue between HNCO’s clinical staff and that of the nursing facilities
- Coordinates with clinical management team in planning and promoting educational presentation opportunities to facilities and community organizations to create awareness of HNCO’s programs and services and to generate referrals
- Works with clinical managers to evaluate and identify improvement opportunities and provide immediate and direct feedback
- Serves as a liaison between HNCO and community organizations, such as: United Way, Chambers of Commerce, senior groups, and other organizations
- Responsible for the creative and accurate design of marketing tools, collateral, and communication tools that are designed to shape agency preference, support agency interaction with referral sources, and enhance sales performance for all programs and services, while maintaining a consistent organization image throughout all educational/promotional materials
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with a network of media, and uses contemporary media resources to provide positive, accurate and timely information regarding HNCO
- Manages and regularly maintains website and social media content.
- Researches market trends and competitors, and stays up-to-date on current web, email, social media, print and viral marketing trends.
- Trains employees on how to be ambassadors for HNCO
- Identifies opportunities to utilize volunteers, in conjunction with the Volunteer Services Department, for special events and marketing projects
- Coordinates the marketing efforts for all programs and services provided by HNCO including, but not limited to: Life’s Seasons Palliative Care, What Goes ‘Round Thrift Shoppe and bereavement programs
- Assists the Chief Development Officer with development and fundraising efforts
- Collaborates with leadership to execute meaningful events and engagement opportunities for donors and the community at large to strengthen the message of the mission of HNCO
- Schedules, plans and executes sponsored fundraising events from ideation through implementation; works collaboratively on fliers, invitations, brochures, public relations, and media relations for events
- Participates in agency-wide strategic planning, as well as, long- and short-term departmental planning, as needed
- Adheres to HNCO payroll, billing and documentation policies and procedures
- Participates in HNCO quality assessment performance improvement initiatives and activities
- Participates in personal and professional development
- Attends HNCO meetings, trainings, seminars, and sponsored events
- Performs all other duties as requested
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a Health related degree or equivalent years of experience in such field
- 1+ years of health care related industry sales/marketing experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising, preferably in annual fund and event management, preferred
- Demonstrated success in planning, implementing and managing special events
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of sales techniques and territory management
- Experience in public relations, preferred
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with current automobile insurance
- Reliable transportation accessible for travel while on HNCO business
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Composes correspondence and edit documents with a high degree of grammatical accuracy
- Good computer skills – working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates assertiveness and flexibility
- Performs a wide variety of duties with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Good organizational skills and able to prioritize work/manage multiple projects
- Works independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Maintains professional appearance and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and attend sales meetings as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as required
- Exhibits good judgment in decision making based on hospice guidelines
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and HNCO core values
- The position may involve lifting, stretching, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and/or crouching
Continuing Education Requirements:
Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
Environmental and Working Conditions
- Environmental Conditions:
May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions.
Must drive in various weather conditions on roads in varying degrees of repair.
- Working Conditions:
Office setting and sedentary position
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements.
- OSHA exposure category:
Category III – Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues; would not be required to perform Category I tasks.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: