Client Support Associate
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations). We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage.
Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results. Your Purpose: At Jackson Hewitt, we provide an invaluable service in guiding our clients through the tax codes, rules, and processes. We do this with integrity, quality, and consistency. This is something that the vast majority of taxpayers don’t receive from DIY or other assisted providers.
We take pride in that. The role you play is critical to our success and together we are “Working Hard for the Hardest Working Americans”. This is our mission and it’s a large part of why we work here. Together we are highly passionate about what we do, and how we can help our clients.
Doing taxes is much more than filling in some forms. For most Americans, their tax return is the biggest single financial event of the year, and it can be quite an emotional experience. That’s where you come in! We are here to ease their stress and provide expert customer service and tax knowledge.
Flexible Schedules Available: • Day shift • Night shift • Weekends • Weekdays • Full-time or Part-time Are you: • Looking to learn a new career and break into the tax industry? • Someone who has gaps in their work history or is looking to boost their skills and resume? • Someone who has been out of the workforce over the last year while at home with family? • New to the workforce or with limited experience/education, but a willingness to learn?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact? • Someone without a college diploma? No problem! • A Veteran or military personnel transitioning from the service?
- Part of a military family that moves often with deployments? • A recent college graduate or current college student? • A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule? • A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply! What you’ll do here: The Client Support Associate supports the district with a variety of duties to include greeting clients, scheduling appointments, marketing to local business, and tech set-up. The position coordinates client flow and assists in preliminary data entry and document collection to support an efficient and positive tax preparation experience.
This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature. This position promotes the Jackson Hewitt brand through the delivery of superior customer service. • Greets all potential clients with a friendly and professional demeanor. • Engages in conversation with potential clients to share information about Jackson Hewitt’s services and promotions.
- Quickly and accurately verifies and enters customers’ personal and Form W-2 information into Jackson Hewitt’s proprietary software. • Assists with scheduling tax preparation appointments. • Monitor client flow at the location and keeps clients engaged during periods of wait time. • Monitor client activity and takes initiative to answer phones and resolve client issues.
- Meets set-up deadlines to ensure office locations meet brand/marketing appearance standards in time for office openings. • Provides equipment service at Jackson Hewitt locations to assemble, repair or teardown furniture, computers, tech, or kiosk components using hand tools. • Assists in maintaining a clean and inviting workplace, this may include removal of trash, vacuuming or sweeping, cleaning counters, cleaning glass, etc. • Assist leadership in marketing and recruitment efforts, as needed.
Skills you’ll bring for success: • Good interpersonal and communication skills. • Demonstrated ability in working in a high-volume retail environment preferred. • Basic knowledge of computer functions required to include setup of office computer systems and the ability to troubleshoot issues. • Customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license and insurance preferred. • High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent related business experience preferred. What you’ll get if you join us: • 401k with Company Match (eligible to participate after working first 1,000 hours) • Medical Low Plan with Company HSA Match (eligible to participate after working 1,500 hours annually) • Teledoc (Unlimited Teledoc sessions, $13 per month to seasonal emp) • Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Corporate discount program • Free tax filing services for all JH employees • Learning opportunity into tax preparation careers • Learn from the leaders how to best support clients in busy retail tax locations • Make a visible impact within the organization • Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment • Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success • Opportunities for advancement within the organization into Tax Preparer roles • Join a great organization that cares about employees! We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.