Our Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Forestry is urging Ohioans to learn about the state’s outdoor burning regulations and to take precautions if you are planning to burn debris this fall. Ohio law states that most outdoor debris burning is prohibited in unincorporated areas from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. during October and November (Ohio Revised Code 1503.18).
The Division of Forestry offers these safety tips for burning debris outdoors:
- Know current and future weather conditions, have tools and water on hand, and never leave a debris burn unattended.
- Be informed about state and local burning regulations.
- Consult the local fire department for additional information and safety considerations.
- Visit the Ohio Division of Forestry’s website and firewise.org for more information and tips on protecting your home and community.
- Remember: “Only you can prevent wildfires!”
- If you choose to burn during unrestricted hours, use a 55-gallon drum with a weighted screen lid to provide an enclosed incinerator.
For more info, head to https://ohiodnr.gov/…/news/ohios-fall-wildfire-season. #inthistogetherOhio