Mount Vernon Country Club
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Work in a team environment, this job ensures guest orders are taken, served, handles billing and tables cleaned. This position is also responsible for helping out in all areas of the dining area as needed.
- Presents menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request including informing patrons of the daily specials.
- Serves food and/or beverages to patrons in a courteous manner. Prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Works with the bartender and kitchen staff to ensure that the patrons’ orders are prepared promptly and are complete in their correctness.
- Ensures that the all patrons are enjoying their meals and takes corrective action, if appropriate, to remedy any problems.
- Removes plate ware, silverware and other items from the patrons’ table when finished and take them to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Explains how various menu items are prepared and possibly describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Creates the patrons’ checks by using the computer and handle all transactions, whether by credit card or cash, appropriately and in a professional manner.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Requires minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience as bartender and server.
- Requires excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks.
- Requires ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean. Requires relevant training certificate.
- Requires computer literacy.
- Requires exceptional client relations, customer service abilities, positive attitude and communication skills.
- Prefers service experience, particularly in fine dining setting.
- Requires flexible work schedule including being on-call when necessary to accommodate high business levels.