Knox County Water & Wastewater
Knox County is hiring! Please see the posting information below for more details. Interested and qualified applicants should apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and application to Dana Bushong with Knox County Human Resources at email@example.com. Thank you!
Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Knox County Water & Wastewater
Position Type(s): Full-time, 40 hours per week / Bargaining unit, AFSCME Local, Ohio Council 8, AFL-CIO
Typical Work Schedule: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
On call 24/7 and weekend rotation
Pay Range: $18.00 per hour – Based upon collective bargaining agreement
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Technician aids in the operations and maintenance of the Water and Wastewater Department. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing new water and sewer services, repair water and sewer leaks, lift stations, grinder units and equipment; and any other duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Superintendent.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Individual must have experience with operating heavy equipment. Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement or ability to attain within six (6) months required. Individual must possess knowledge and experience with three phase industrial electrical practices. Water I and Wastewater II licenses or ability to obtain is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Must meet and maintain all required licenses and certifications as a continued condition of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and comprehend blueprints;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Maintenance equipment and procedures;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of logs, lab results and all records required by the department and Ohio EPA;
- Accurately read meter, charts and measuring devices;
- Operate, inspect and perform maintenance of water and wastewater field
equipment and machinery;
- Compiles information as directed;
- Runs daily and weekend checkout throughout entire water and wastewater system, fulfills daily work orders;
- Locate water and wastewater line for contractors and other utilities;
- Performs water and sewer inspections on new lines or repairs;
- Trouble shoots electrical problems;
- Maintenance on all grinder units and lift stations;
- Assists in the maintenance of all vehicles and equipment;
- Operates field equipment;
- Installs new water and/or sewer services;
- Clean up and maintenance of shop, treatment plant area and lift stations;
- Repairs all water and sewer leaks; and
- Serves as backup for lab work, repairs and cleaning when needed.
*See position descriptions for more details.