Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Knox County Maintenance/Building & Grounds
Equal Opportunity Employer
Knox County is hiring! Please see the posting information below for more details. Interested and qualified applicants should apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and application to Dana Bushong with Knox County Human Resources at email@example.com. Thank you!
Title: Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Department: Maintenance/Building & Grounds
Position Type(s): Seasonal, 40 hours per week, May-August, Unclassified, Non-Union
Typical Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pay Range: $11.00/hr.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent, the seasonal maintenance worker position is responsible for maintaining grounds and equipment, use of common chemicals and custodial supplies and performing other related duties as required. Tasks will include, but are not limited to: mowing grass, operating a weed eater, planting, trimming and edging, raking leaves, chipping, removing trash and debris, and painting.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential Job Functions
- Mowing grass, operating a weed eater and lawnmower; planting, trimming and edging, raking leaves, chipping, removing trash and debris and painting;
- Operating County trucks and equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of equipment necessary for the position;
- Regular and punctual attendance; and
- Ability to adapt to changing weather conditions.
*See position descriptions for more details.