BFEC Land Manager Assistant
The Brown Family Environmental Center (BFEC) is searching for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Land Managment Assistant, Seasonal. The primary responsibilities include trail maintenance, light landscaping, and invasive species removal. This is a 4-month appointment, with a 35-hour work week, Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions at BFEC
- Trail Maintenance – Regular trail maintenance includes, but is not limited to, mowing and trimming plants for accessibility.
- Grounds Work – Regular trimming around bluebird boxes, benches, interpretive panels. Regular mowing in the Wildlife Garden area.
- Invasive Species Management – Removal of different invasive plant species and replanting natives as needed.
- Bluebird Monitor – Monitor bluebird trail as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Success Factors
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Previous experience with tools, including but not limited to, lawn mower, hedge trimmer, weed eater, drill.
- Knowledge of BFEC.
- Basic natural history knowledge.
- Comfortable with physical outdoor work.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willingness to acquire new skills as job responsibilities demand.
This is an outdoor position and includes exposure to sun, pollen, insects, and poisonous plants, and requires the ability to work in heat, humidity, rain, and cold.
- High School Diploma.
- At least 18 years of age.
When applying, submit resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.