We have 2 job openings we’re looking to fill immediately.
We have openings for a full-time Wrecker Driver and a part-time Wrecker Driver. The hours are 8:30 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday for the full-time position, then on-call two nights a week and every other weekend for both positions.
The positions will include all of the light-service functions we provide such as-
- Tires changes
- Fuel delivery
- In addition to that, they will also include towing, recovery, and responding to accidents/impounds for local law enforcement.
While we’re usually busy, during downtime we may ask that you help spray the lot for weeds, take out trash, and other weird stuff that pops up that can’t be anticipated. Generally, anything in lieu of sleeping on the clock is acceptable. Previous experience is not a requirement but a good general knowledge of automobiles is a must. Once hired, drivers must own an impact wrench and basic set of hand tools (screwdrivers, small sockets, etc.).
- Must be 21 or older
- Clean driving record (a speeding ticket is ok, no recent DUIs or accidents)
- Not fail a drug test
- Live in our general service area. This includes Fredericktown/Mt. Vernon/Chesterville/Mt. Gilead/Bellville. We have no bias against people from other places, but we shoot for a 30 minute ETA. So if you can make it from wherever you are to most of our service area in 30 minutes we will consider you. Yeah, yeah I know what you’re thinking, anything is possible, but I mean make it LEGALLY (mostly).
- Possess basic automotive knowledge
- Be good at showing up when you’re scheduled
- Not be good at coming up with excuses why you didn’t show up when you were scheduled
- Understand that when someone needs help at 2 am you have to prioritize that over your love of sleep
- Have a solid understanding of the Ron Swanson pyramid of success (not a requirement but again, big plus)
- understand that science is real and when you’re out and about representing our company you will be wearing a mask and following current health and safety guidelines
Reasons to work for us-
- We’re generally awesome
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Chris Pratt retweeted us once
Pay varies with experience, commission call volume, and your ability to show up for a full 40 hours (are you getting that this has been an issue? Haha)- but in general a full-time tow truck driver who takes the calls available will pay around $40,000/yr. The part-time position can make $10,000-$15,000/yr for just a couple nights a week and every other weekend.
Anyone interested in an application can email us (email@example.com), or message us on here for a pdf application. Do not fill out the application that generically attaches to this post, it is less than useless for our needs.
Feel free to share this post to anyone who is interested!