People make everything we do possible. We need your help honoring those people that made last year amazing.
Please take a moment to consider someone that is deserving of recognition in any of the categories below and then complete the nomination form at this link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017DDAwards) It will only take a moment and it means so much to those that receive these awards!
• Volunteer of the Year Award– This award recognizes an unpaid volunteer that has performed extraordinary service in giving their time to assist individuals with disabilities or an agency that serves individuals with disabilities in any venue. Recipients of this award exhibit a commitment to improving the Knox County community, DD services or the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Youth Advocate of the Year Award- This award recognizes a Knox County youth that is under the age of 18 and that demonstrates exceptional leadership working on behalf of individuals with developmental disabilities to help promote independence or make a positive change in a system that individuals with disabilities utilize for services and supports.
• Individual Achievement Award– This award recognizes the personal success of an individual with developmental disabilities in reaching or exceeding their goals. Recipients of this award have demonstrated self-determination concepts through personal, academic or developmental achievements – not only making a difference in their lives but also improving the lives of others.
• Distinguished Service Award – This award recognizes a paid employee that works in the developmental disability or special education field that goes above and beyond the norm to promote the respect, acceptance and understanding of individuals with developmental disabilities in the Knox County community. Recipients may exemplify the standards and core values of the Knox County Board of Developmental Disabilities and may support individuals with disabilities in achieving their dreams.
• Support Professional of the Year Award – This award recognizes developmental disability support professional that provides excellent services and demonstrates an extraordinary commitment to their responsibilities in serving and supporting individuals with disabilities. Recipients may exemplify the standards and core values of the Knox County Board of Developmental Disabilities and support individuals with disabilities in achieving their dreams.
Thank you for taking a moment to ensure that we can show our appreciation to some extraordinary people.