Ohio families can now get the latest education news, search for schools in their neighborhoods and look at their schools’ report cards right from their smartphones. The Ohio Department of Education today launched a mobile app for iPhone and Android.
“More and more, we’re getting information directly from our smartphones,” said Paolo DeMaria, superintendent of public instruction. “The Ohio Department of Education Mobile App brings valuable resources right to our families’ fingertips.”
With the app, Ohioans can:
- Access timely educator and family resources;
- Find school report cards and other information from around their homes;
- Receive app updates and notifications straight to their phones;
- Interact with the Ohio School Report Cards by school or district name, or by entering their zip code;
- Send information from the Ohio School Report Cards to friends, family and colleagues;
- Check out district and school grades in the area before they move; or
- Navigate directly to schools or call them with easy to use in-app features.