The Knox & Licking County Farm Service Agencies (FSA) are accepting applications for a full-time Program Technician. FSA is seeking candidates with basic office, agricultural knowledge or farming experience to perform work in support of Ohio agriculture and farmers. FSA is an exciting and rewarding place to start, build, and/or continue your career. FSA helps America’s farmers, producers, and landowners make investments or improvements to their agricultural operations and assists producers in recovering from the impacts of natural disasters and market fluctuations. Be part of our team and help support the well-being of Ohio agriculture and the American public.
FSA is seeking candidates with farming experience and/or knowledge to perform work in support of Ohio agriculture and farmers. This position offers excellent federal benefits, including health insurance that can be carried into retirement, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, student loan repayment program, flexible work schedules, competitive pay with scheduled increases, professional growth opportunities, work life balance programs, and more. Basic requirements include general office clerical work, record keeping, computer skills, organizational skills and good public relations skills. Knowledge of farming practices and GIS experience is an advantage but not required.
This position is responsible for:
- Carrying out office activities and functions pertaining to one or more of the program areas administered in the county.
- Interpret and explain Farm Bill procedures, program regulations and forms to producers and other agency personnel.
- Utilizing various web-based software applications to maintain producer and farm data and processing automated forms.
- Using a high degree of initiative and judgment in planning and carrying out assigned tasks and resolving problems encountered in a team environment.
The new Program Technician will work closely with the Disaster, Commodity, and Conservation Reserve Program (CRP). Additionally, they will assist with annual crop certification, and maintain Farm Records. Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with closely with management and landowners to implement various conservation practices such as waterways, filter strips, upland bird habitats, pollinator habitats, whole field grass covers, and more.
- Maintain and review National and State notices and regulations, updates co-workers on policy changes, makes recommendations to office operating procedures to management, maintains internal checklist and other documents to ensure program requirements are met.
- Monitor program requirements and prepares reports to management.
- Prepares correspondence, newsletter items, and other informational items.
- Assist local farmers in completing applications and issue timely program payments.
- Utilize data entry to work with farmers to complete crop reports and certification
Additional information about the USDA FSA, Ohio FSA, and CRP program can be found here:
Individuals who are interested in applying for this job opportunity will apply online only through USAJOBS website at www.usajobs.gov. Applicants will enter the appropriate job announcement number below into the keyword search to complete and submit your application. The current Ohio County FSA vacancy is open and ready to accept applications. Applicants are encouraged to apply for ALL grade levels (4, 5, 6, 7). All requirements MUST be met per each grade or the application will not be forwarded for potential interview selection.
Click the following link to apply for Announcement Number FSACO-11623840-22-OH-CF: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/673111400
Multiple locations will hire from this announcement. Knox and Licking Counties have (1)vacancy each to fill from this announcement
Application Period: August 25, 2022 to September 6, 2022 11:59 p.m. (ET)
Contact Katie Hill at 740-392-0891 if you have specific questions regarding the position.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.