Provides administrative and clerical support at the Fabrication Shop. Receives and processes Fabrication orders. Maintains files and records on general tools/supplies, transfers, purchase orders, packing slips, and reports.
- Accurate data entry, files and records
- Increased administrative efficiencies
- Cost-effective and timely travel arrangements
- Effective meetings and events
- Excellent customer service
- Organized workplace
- Timely billing
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs office administration functions such as: invoice classification and processing, payment, record keeping, maintaining policy and procedures, inventory control, customer service, maintaining office supplies and other related duties, as required
- Assists with quoting projects
- Data entry (HR/Payroll) for Fabrication shop employees
- Create and maintain accurate shop records
- Reporting all expenses monthly
- Prepare paperwork, order material and executing job orders
- Audit and rectify accounts payable payments
- Prepare and submit expense statements for the Fabrication shop workforce
- Provides technical assistance to other staff in using various PC-based and mainframe applications
- Process customer requests
- Assist with Fabrication shop functions, as needed
Required Qualifications for Position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Office Administration experience
- Proficient PC skills (e.g. Word, Excel & QuickBooks)
- Filing and typing skills
- Phone etiquette
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Shipping and Receiving experience
- Knowledge of plant/service/operations
- Experience with purchase orders and transfers
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):