It will be a Country Christmas this year to celebrate the 21st Annual Christmas Walk and Charity Auction on Saturday, December 4th from 3:00 – 7:00 pm. Our commitment to raise funds to help support Fredericktown Interchurch, Fredericktown Salvation Army and the Fredericktown Community Relief Fund has never changed, plus it is a fun family oriented community event! We ask you to come out and support this event by your presence and donations as you are able.
The County Christmas theme this year will be represented by a traditional winter scene and featured on our annual ornament. Ornaments may be purchased in advance by contacting Joely Lepley at TD Landscape or the day of the event at the craft/vendor exhibits at the Presbyterian Church.
Register for the annual 5K fun run/walk at the link found on our Facebook page. !! Gather at the Gazebo at 2:30 pm to begin, and the run will end at the Gazebo for the official lighting of the Christmas tree. Medals will be awarded to the winners.
You have the option to purchase a “Catch Me If You Can” 5K t-shirt by visiting the Eventbrite website and choosing the ‘shirt only’ option, or by emailing us at FredericktownChristmasWalk@gmail.com with your name, phone number, quantities and sizes. We will then email you a Square invoice. Shirts may be picked up the day of the Christmas Walk. .
Plan to spend some time enjoying crafters and vendors at the Fredericktown Presbyterian Church. A great time to find early Christmas presents and show you support for small businesses.
Enter your gingerbread creation into the Gingerbread Contest at the Masonic Lodge. Vote on your favorite with a monetary donation that determines the winner. Awards will be presented to winners. More information to come!
We will have 2 auctions for twice the fun and goodies.
– The Live Auction will consist of scrumptious foods, and will be held in the newly renovated Council Chambers (formerly Senior Citizen Building.) Donations may be dropped off between 12:00 – 3:00 pm the day of the walk at the Council Chambers.
– The Facebook auction will be held from December 5th until December 11th. You will have a full week to bid on your favorite item that has been donated by local businesses or the community. Your quality donations are needed to make this a success. . Families, friends, neighbors, churches and organizations are encouraged to partner to create non-food item gift baskets, service offerings, gift certificates or any other creative idea you can come up with. Additional information about the Virtual Auction will be posted soon.
• Santa will be bringing a real reindeer for you to visit
• Big Blue from WNZR will be broadcasting
• Ice sculptures along Main Street
• Crafts for kids at the Baptist Church
• Wagon ride to Sockman Park to see Christmas lights
• Local businesses will be open along Main Street