(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Governor DeWine announced special election dates for the 15th Congressional District to fill the District’s upcoming vacancy. The states will be the same as the separate 11th Congressional District special election, with a partisan primary occurring on August 3, 2021, and the general election occurring on November 2nd, 2021.
Rep. Steve Stivers formally communicated with the Governor his resignation effective May 16, 2021. The formal communication of the resignation allows the Governor to call the special election and issue a Writ of Election.
- May 17th: Declaration of candidacies for partisan candidates must be filed with the Franklin County Board of Elections by 4:00 p.m.
- May 28th: Declaration of candidacies for write-in candidates must be filed with the Franklin County Board of Elections
- June 1st: The county board of elections must certify the names of the candidates that will appear on the special primary ballot
- July 6th: Eligible Ohioans who want to cast a ballot in the Special Congressional Primary Election must register to vote by this date
- August 3rd: The Special Election Congressional Primary takes place
- October 4th: Eligible Ohioans who want to cast a ballot in the Special Congressional General Election must register to vote by this date
- November 2nd: The Special Congressional General Election
November 23rd: Boards must complete and certify official canvass