POSITION OPENING JAIL COOK
The Knox County Sheriff’s Office intends to fill a position of jail cook.
Thursday – Monday 10am to 6pm (county benefits apply)
Duties include meal preparation utilizing commercial kitchen equipment. Staff will not be in regular contact with inmates.
- Be at least twenty-one  years of age;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Be subject to a thorough background investigation and personal interviews by agency personnel;
- Demonstrate reading and comprehension skills in the English language to at least the 12th grade level through interviews and written demonstration of proficiency;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity by successfully completing pre-employment polygraph and drug testing;
- Be fingerprinted and subjected to a search of local, state, and national records and fingerprint files;
Applications available online http://www.knoxcountysheriff.com/ or in person during business hours. Please include a resume.