Alcohol & Drug Freedom Center of Knox County
- Summary Of Responsibilities: Provides leadership, coordination and oversight in the areas of Human Resources, Billing and Facilities.
- Develops, in conjunction with Leadership Team, proposed objectives, staffing patterns and budgets.
- Ensure policies and procedures are carried out and complies with employment law and regulations and CARF Standard.
- Prioritize management of recruitment and retention strategies through programs for recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and disciplining staff.
- Create new recruitment strategies to attract and hire professionals.
- Manage job postings and develop resume collection, tracking and distribution strategies ensuring an above satisfactory candidate pool.
- Oversee hiring process of employees; ensure background check, drug screen and offer process is consistent with agency policies and competitive in the central Ohio market.
- Organize and manage onboarding and orientation processes for new hires
- Develop methods to retain talent in the agency; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions and identifying staff conflicts and potential solutions
- Monitor and improve turnover and retention rates.
- Administer exit interviews and implement succession plan strategies to ensure smooth role transitions within the agency
- When necessary, administer disciplinary actions and/or terminations of employment.
- Coordinate employee reward and recognition initiatives.
- Maintains the work structure by establishing and updating job descriptions for all positions
- Coordinate staff trainings and development
Benefits and Payroll
- Manage and conduct payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations and changes to pay rates.
- Plan, develop and implement policies and auditing procedures to ensure employee working hours align with employee status and qualifying benefits.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all staff questions regarding wages, deductions, attendance, time records and benefits.
- Oversee open enrollment and administer the employee benefits program.
- Maintain updated employee data with the health insurance carrier for proper billing.
- Oversee and act as the point person for employee benefits plans and implement changes, if necessary.
- Effectively structure benefits programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Maintain an understanding of HR trends, best practices, regulatory changes, talent management and employment law. Apply this knowledge and communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Maintain and update Freedom Center’s employee handbook.
- Cultivate and develop a hands-on relationship with all employees.
- Maintain records, reports and other documentation, ensuring all personnel files are kept up to date and confidential.
- Maintain professional and positive attitude and appearance at all times.
- Ensure all requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Assist with agency audits/site visits including financial, Medicaid, Ohio MHAS and CARF.
- Display active commitment to the mission, vision and values of Freedom Center.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures and directives of the immediate supervisor
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervises Administrative Office and Support Staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Oversight of property maintenance and security
- Assist with fiscal components of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and tracking of staff benefits
- Supervises accurate and timely claims submissions to all payers.
- Oversees accurate client data/records in electronic health records.
- Produces accurate client data to support agency reporting requirements
- Assist with agency audits/site visits including but not limited to Financial Audits, Medicaid Ohio MHAS certification and CARF accreditation.
Required Education, Experience. Skills & Abilities
- MinimumBachelor’s Degree in human resource management or related field; Must have prior supervisory experience with minimum of 5 years HR experience.
- Certification: SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred or obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Must have emotional stability to deal with stress of self and others while working closely with a variety of employees, therapist, physicians, job applicants, and others.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- Do you have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management or related field, prior supervisory experience with a minimum of 5 years HR experience?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location