Rural King Supply
Department Specialists execute the inventory maintenance (scanning outs), merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and loadouts. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate associates.
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise when required.
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Train floater and associates working in your area with store standards, pricing integrity and product knowledge.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and loadouts.
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety.
- Develop product knowledge.
- Scan out, lows and overs weekly or as needed.
- Set POG neat, clean, and orderly.
- Ensure items are signed and priced correctly.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate handheld inventory device, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices)
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 1+ years management experience preferred, with knowledge of specific department.
- Strong communications (written, oral and interpersonal skills).
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40-hour workweek with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit.
- Direct store associates in assigned department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.