Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Knox County Park District
Position Type: Part-time, 25-29 hours per week
Address: 117 E. High St., Suite 253
(Non-bargaining unit) Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Typical Work 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 3 days (M-F)
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Schedule: Available to work non-standard hours as needed for sponsored events.
FLSA: Non-exempt, Classified
How to apply: https://co.knox.oh.us/index.php/employment-opportunities
Performs duties relating to administrative assistant functions for the Knox County Park District. Reports to the Knox County Park District Director.
Associate degree from two-year college (or equivalent) preferred; or six months to one-year Administrative Assistant or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proficient typist with attention to detail, composing various correspondence and reports, as well as preparing and sending mailings.
- Record, transcribe and prepare monthly meeting minutes for the Park District Board of Commissioners meeting; other reports as requested, with a sensitivity to confidential matters and information.
- Organize and maintain existing Park District files, both electronic and hard copy; create new files.
- Help prepare the annual budget; complete purchase orders and submit invoices for payment; verify prices and obtain quotes; order supplies and equipment; and monitor expenditures.
- Prepare monthly financial report based on Auditor’s Office Authority Finance report and reconcile with Park District’s Peachtree accounting system.
- Maintain existing inventories and records, and compile new data as necessary (i.e., equipment, bluebirds, butterflies, bird data); maintain contact lists for newsletters; maintain Park District’s social medial platforms (i.e., Facebook, Instagram); develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets.
- Prepare handouts from rough draft and make copies for programs and trainings. Compose electronic Newsletter utilizing iContact and create QR codes.
- Answer phones (in office and mobile phone on occasion) and take messages; record and circulation accurate communications to personnel.
- Attend and participate in Park District Board of Commissioners meetings, district meetings and special events.
- Travel off-site to various locations for events and errands.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to get along with others.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related non-essential functions as needed.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment. Individual uses appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary. Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform job requirements in a reasonable amount of time with minimum supervision/guidance.
- Strong communication skills. Communicate effectively and courteously with Park District personnel, Board members, volunteers and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills, define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions using judgment, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in grammar, writing, mathematical skills, spelling, and punctuation;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency with computers including use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to use Google Docs.
- Ability to calculate figures using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Thorough knowledge, adherence and aptitude to follow federal, state, county, and District policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
II. DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Work consisting of complex, varied, standardized and non-standardized tasks requiring application of numerous laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Individual must be able to professionally address and work with diverse populations.
Individual must demonstrate multi-tasking and organizational skills. Individual must adhere to departmental rules and procedures regarding confidentiality due to the nature of information that is accessed. Individual makes choices or decisions without supervisory input on most daily activities, such as establishing priorities. Supervisor does provide general guidance, but allows the individual the ability to plan the procedures and methods to accomplish objectives. Individual must perform as a team player.
Errors in work may cause inaccuracies in reports, records, or technical data resulting in inaccurate or incomplete information.
IV. PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Contact is with co-workers, employees from public and private sector organizations and the public. The purpose of these contacts is to guide and direct, check on progress of work assigned, coordinating services, and job development/referrals, make recommendations and handle questions about department, programs and client concerns.
V. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Requirements: Individual performs light work, which may require lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds occasionally. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Physical Activity: Individual performs the following physical activities: standing, sitting, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, bending, reaching, talking, and listening.
Visual Activity: Individual may perform computer work for long periods of time.
Job Location: Ability to work in an office environment with moderate noise from standard office equipment, and on occasion work in outdoor weather conditions and be exposed to noise.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Administrative Assistant will follow any other instructions, and perform any other job-related duties, as assigned by the Director.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location