Habitat for Humanity of Knox County
JOB DESCRIPTION: ReStore Associate
Primary Role: This position is responsible for loading and unloading donations at the Restore, processing and pricing items, picking up donated items utilizing the ReStore truck, operating the cash register in the ReStore, and ensuring the ReStore is always kept clean and items are presented in an orderly fashion. This position is responsible for assisting the ReStore Manager in meeting targeted goals for the ReStore.
– Load and unload all donated materials.
– Screen for product usability.
– Communicating with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
– Occasionally supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
– Drive KCHFH vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods.
– Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
– Operate cash register to document sale of merchandise. Refers to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing.
– Process cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
– Operate forklift
– Answer telephone and provide ReStore information, directions, in meeting the caller’s needs.
– Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore, keeping it neat and clean.
– Screen for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
– Assist in pricing donated items.
– Assist ReStore Manager with other duties as assigned.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
– Knowledge and experience in retail sales.
– Team building a real plus.
– Should have a mission-centered approach to leadership.
– Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
– Must have good anticipatory abilities and personally act on same as need arises.
– Must be willing to understand the big picture of the KCHFH ministry and know that ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
– Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
– Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds.
– Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
– Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change.
Education and Experience:
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Must have a drivers license and maintain a good driving record
Reports to: Restore Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time position Tuesday- Saturday work week 9 am-5:30 pm workdays. Pay starting at $13/ hour with potential increase up to $14/ hour after 90 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location