Member Relations Coordinator
Knox County Chamber of Commerce
Knox County Chamber of Commerce and Revised: November 2022
Knox County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Member Relations Coordinator Job Description
Responsible to: Executive Director, Knox County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber); and the Knox County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
Report to: Executive Director.
Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, seeks to manage daily operations and assist the work of the
Chamber and Visitors Bureau. This position has primary responsibility for communications to Chamber members, CVB tourism partners, and visitors. You will also assist the Programs & Accounting Manager (Chamber) and the Marketing
- Social media communications include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Constant Contact, Newsletter, and Emails.
- Communicate with members and partners on: Banner Ads, Calendar of Events, Hot Deals, Job Postings,
Database, Newsletter, Website content, Welcome Packets, Bulletin Board, and Brochure Racks.
- Communications include greeting and assisting guests in person, emails, and telephone communications.
Provide visitors, tourism partners, and chamber partners with directions, referrals, brochures, etc.
Responsibilities and Preferred Skills
- Maintain banner advertising, databases, websites, brochure racks, bulletin board, welcome and orientation packets, and operations manual.
- New Vendors list letters.
- Plat books inventory.
- Have overall knowledge of Chamber programs.
- Research and clerical tasks – Self-motivated and passionate about working with people. Skilled at researching for resources people need and perform clerical tasks as needed.
- Have a working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and Word.
- Obtain/maintain Ohio Notary Public status.
Knowledge of and Assist As Needed
- Chamber Membership –Have knowledge of value and benefits.
- CVB Partners – Have knowledge of partners.
- Be aware of resources from other organizations.
Ad Rack, Ohio Travel Association, Ohio Travel Pavilion, and other CVB Associations
Area Development Foundation of Knox County (ADF)
Fredericktown Community Development Foundation (FCDF)
Greater Downtown Management Council (GDMC)
Knox County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Experience Mount Vernon (EMV)
Mount Vernon Arts Consortium (MVAC)
Senior Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Vernon, OH 43050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location