Make reservations today for a great family meal or spend the weekend out in nature.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Skip the prep, the cooking, and the dishes and circle a new table for Thanksgiving this year. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is inviting everyone to start a new tradition on the Nov. 24 holiday by eating at one of our Ohio State Park Lodges.
The Thanksgiving holiday weekend is a great time to get away and focus on loved ones, enjoy the great outdoors, and make some new memories. Ohio State Parks offer a wide variety of activities for families to enjoy throughout the holiday weekend. Search for what’s happening at a park near you by using ODNR’s events calendar.
Available by reservation only, the following state park lodges offer sit-down and buffet options.
Burr Oak State Park Lodge
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Hearty breakfast buffet
- 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Dinner buffet full of Thanksgiving favorites
- Make reservations by Nov. 10 by calling (740) 767-1210
Deer Creek State Park Lodge
- 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Lunch time buffet featuring Thanksgiving staples
- Make reservations by calling (740) 869-6311
The Lodge at Geneva State Park
- 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Thanksgiving dinner prepared by Horizons Restaurant
- Regular menu also available
- Make reservations by calling (440) 466-7100
Hueston Woods State Park Lodge
- 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner buffet
- Make reservations by calling (513) 664-3527
Maumee Bay State Park Lodge
- 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Thanksgiving buffet full of holiday favorites
- Make reservations by calling (419) 836-1466
Mohican State Park Lodge
- 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. Thanksgiving buffet surrounded by the beautiful views of Pleasant Hill in Bromfield’s dining room
- Make reservations by calling (419) 938-5411 ext. 320
Punderson Manor Lodge
- 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Dine-in or take Thanksgiving dinner to go
- To make reservations or place takeout orders (by Nov. 20) call (440) 564-9144
Salt Fork State Park Lodge
- 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Thanksgiving favorites served for lunch and dinner
- Make reservations by calling (800) AT-A-PARK
Shawnee State Park Lodge
- 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Limited seating available for this Thanksgiving buffet
- Make reservations by calling (740) 858-6621
The newly opened Hocking Hills State Park Lodge is also offering a Thanksgiving buffet, but those reservations have been booked. Those interested in spending Thanksgiving at an Ohio State Park Lodge can click here to see full menus. Learn more about the Lodge at Geneva’s holiday options here.
The ODNR Division of Parks and Watercraft provides exceptional outdoor recreation and boating opportunities by balancing outstanding customer service, education, and conservation of Ohio’s 75 state parks and waterways.
The ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.gov.