- Working directly with the risk team this position handles assigned damage and loss claims through the life cycle of a claim including but not limited to investigation, evaluation, and claim resolution.
- Also, responsible for the documentation and reporting of claim information in risk management systems. This is an entry level position with an opportunity for growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Point of contact for Auto, Equipment and General Liability claims.
- Record reported incidents and distribute appropriately
- Assist with preparation and distribution of weekly safety call agendas and scorecards.
- Participate in weekly and quarterly Claim Reviews
- File documents and information within ViewPoint and SharePoint
- Assist with preparation, distribution and tracking of collection packets and submissions
- Assist with preparation of check requests for submission to Accounts Payable
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of risk, claims, insurance, or business experience
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Claims Handling Experience
- Insurance or business background is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc…)
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail required
- Work with other team members as well as the general public
- General knowledge or interest in the construction industry
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time