Office Manager, Maintenance Department
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is conducting a search to fill the position of Office Manager, Maintenance Department. The Office Manager will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director of Facility Operations and the Facility Operations managers. This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The rate of pay is $17.35 per hour.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, files, and update the shared drive for continuity.
- Responsible for the processing of all maintenance purchases, invoices for payment and file copies.
- Register maintenance employees for certification, re-certification, licensing and training programs, as needed. Maintain department safety records, certification copies, etc.
- Responsible for the issuing and inventory of all physical keys as well as card access to contractors and vendors.
- Maintain Kenyon fleet vehicle ID List; secure maintenance vehicle titles; and maintain registrations and license plate renewals.
- Maintain campus buildings and properties listings; including addresses, building square feet, acreage, inventory lists, legal property records, and construction plans and specifications for capital construction projects and building remodels.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all hourly facility operations employees.
- Direct time entry in Banner payroll program for final processing of employees paychecks.
- Maintain and post accurate report of individual employee’s sick and vacation hours taken and their accompanying balances.
- Generate, update and maintain weekly overtime reports for hourly positions.
- Generate bi-weekly labor report to be fed to the General Ledger for reserves and special projects.
- Create and post maintenance job openings in Pageup.
- Compile and organize campus utilities into spreadsheet for tracking costs and consumption. Process and code each utility to their appropriate budgets for payment.
- Compile completed packages of monthly P-Card purchases and reconciliations, reimbursements, and credit card purchases.
- Record, track and prepare documentation for annual reporting on waste and recycling and regulatory compliance.
- Greet and assist visitors to the Maintenance building.
- Answer phones and field calls. Assist with dispatch of calls for managers and trades staff via two-way radios.
- Arrange travel, prepare itineraries, and schedule appointments for the maintenance department staff.
- Authorize gas dispensation for college vehicles, maintain monthly report to accounting.
- Retain knowledge of the two separate union/management contracts.
- Coordinate yearly uniform shirt order for maintenance staff.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Assist other office staff in their job functions and provide back-up support during their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and applications.
- Ability to perform tasks, prioritize multiple tasks, and ability to shift tasks as needed to
meet critical time constraints.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information viewed or heard during normal work days.
- Must work independently and cooperatively in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the accounting department, purchasing department, Gambier Village Administrator, utility companies, subcontractors, outside services, rental companies, vendors and suppliers. Primary contacts are with the Director
of Facility Operations, maintenance department managers and supervisors, maintenance employees, other college administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma.
- Two Years of Technical College and/or Five Years of Job-Related Experience.
- Strong working skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must obtain or have a valid Ohio Driver License and complete Kenyon Driver Training.
- Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Significant prior experience in a fast-paced front office environment.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Advertised: 03 Oct 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled