(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Lt. Governor Jon Husted, Director of the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, today announced the third round of the Industry Sector Partnership (ISP) Grant opportunity. This program supports partnerships that help bring Ohioans into the workforce pipeline while meeting the needs of job creators and the local economy.
Just over $2.45 million is available for new and existing industry sector partnerships, as funded through the current state operating budget. ISPs can be located in any region of Ohio, as long as the focus is on an in-demand sector, such as manufacturing or technology.
“Bridging the gap between educators and businesses is vital to supporting a thriving workforce in Ohio,” said Lt. Governor Husted. “Industry Sector Partnerships are a collaboration between the public and private sectors that prepare more Ohioans for the growing number of in-demand, high-paying jobs that exist in their communities.”
Industry Sector Partnerships are designed to develop workforce strategies specific to a given region of the state or industry sector to drive collaboration between local businesses, education and training providers, and community stakeholders.
“These awards will help businesses get the workers they need to increase productivity,” said Lydia Mihalik, director of the Ohio Department of Development. “This program is industry-driven and can be tailored to meet the needs of businesses in the area and give workers the skills they need for the jobs where they live.”
The second round of the Industry Sector Partnership Grant program awarded 13 partnerships for a total of $2.5 million in January 2022. Previously awarded partnerships included:
- Workforce Connect IT Sector Partnership (WC IT SP)
- The Health Collaborative Workforce Advisory Council
- Raise the Bar Hancock County
- Mahoning Valley Manufacturers Coalition
- ConxusNEO Industry Sector Partnerships
- WorkforceConnect Manufacturing Sector Partnership
- Great Lakes Regional Industry Sector Partnership
- Lorain County Manufacturing Sector Partnership
- Alliance for Working Together Northeast Ohio Sector Partnership
- Ohio IT Apprenticeship Collaborative
- Stark County Manufacturing Workforce Development Partnership
- Preparing Students for Transportation + Information Technology Sectors with PIE CaseLAB® Career Academy & DriveOhio Smart Mobility Ambassador Program
- Fairfield County Career Readiness Endorsement
The application period for the third round of the ISP grants begins today, October 3, 2022 and runs through October 31, 2022, at 3:00 PM.
To apply and learn more about the Industry Sector Partnership Grant program, visit: Workforce.Ohio.gov/ISP.