Christian Star Academy
Full-Time – Urgently Hiring
Christian Star Academy of Mount Vernon, Ohio, a small, non-denominational, non-graded, state-chartered Christian school, seeks a full-time classroom assistant. A sampling of duties includes working with students individually or in small groups, helping to maintain a respectful and productive learning atmosphere, supervising students during lunchtime and recesses, and assisting the lead teacher in a variety of ways.
A successful candidate will have excellent health and mobility as there are several flights of stairs to traverse numerous times during each day. Previous work with children in tutoring or as a Sunday school teacher of students in kindergarten and older would be a great plus. Other requirements include strong organizational and collaborative skills, excellent written and spoken grammar, patience, working knowledge of Word, Excel, and similar programs, comfortable around technology in general, punctuality, and the ability to maintain respect while being fair and kind. Flexibility in adapting to each day’s needs as well as creativity are also essential. A love for the Lord and knowledge and understanding of biblical teachings should also be evident.
In keeping with CSA’s mission statement, the candidate’s dress must be modest. Staff members personally comply with the student dress code.
Christian Star Academy’s Mission Statement:
In preparing youth for life in the changing society of today, our mission at Christian Star Academy is to support the Christ-centered home as the foundation for educating the whole child as a steward accountable to God. Such an education must be formed upon the absolute authority of God’s Word as found in the Scriptures.
It is the belief of both the parents and educators at Christian Star Academy that it is our God-given directive to educate the whole child. We must promote total development and stewardship by providing opportunities and encouragement to grow as a responsible and contributing citizen.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $10 per hour
- The initial hourly pay is $10/hour. This is paid as salary. Normal school holiday breaks such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are paid days. Summer hours are more flexible, but our academic year includes four weeks of student attendance during the summer during which time the classroom assistant is needed. Is this acceptable?
- This position is crucial to the full functionality of each school day so excellent attendance is expected. Five sick days per calendar year will be allowed for illnesses plus two personal days. These days do not carry over into a new calendar year. Days missed beyond these allowable days will not be paid days. Is this acceptable?
- Our building has two flights of steps to the second floor plus a set of steps to the basement. The individual hired for this position will need to maneuver these steps several times daily. Will this be a problem for you?
- High school or equivalent (Required); some post-secondary education a plus
- Working with children of elementary age in some capacity desired
- English (Required)
Location: One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Vernon, OH 43050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be able to maneuver several flights of steps numerous times daily.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- working with children: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location