Civil Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
The Civil Assistant Prosecuting Attorney represents Knox County boards, commissions, officials, officers, and employees in civil matters, including but not limited to litigation and transactional matters.
- Assisting Knox County elected officials, including township trustees, on a wide variety of issues, and providing them with legal advice.
- Working with local officials to improve quality of life in the community by litigating nuisance cases related to health codes and zoning.
- Working with county departments to ensure compliance with employment law and public records requirements.
- Collecting delinquent real estate taxes for the Knox County Treasurer.
- Reviewing contract issues and real estate issues involving county agencies.
- Working with the prosecuting attorney on litigation projects including forfeitures, civil rights and employment issues.
- A law license, in good standing to practice in Ohio.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- High standards of integrity and the desire to be involved in the community where you work.
- Prior experience with a court or prosecutor’s office is preferred, but not essential.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A work environment that provides a great variety of issues.
- Projects that have a mix of in-court and out-of-court responsibilities.
- A small office where new attorneys can get experience they wouldn’t necessarily get in a larger legal setting.
- A vibrant small community (Mount Vernon) in a rural setting not far from the Columbus metropolitan area.
- A salary of at least $60,000, or higher, based on experience.
- An excellent benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, vacation and personal leave, and eligibility for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
Knox County Prosecuting Attorney
117 East High Street, Suite 234
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org