Individual provides day-to-day care and support for all animals, cleans and maintains the facility, and conducts administrative work for the office.
- Feed, exercise, groom and administer medications to animals as needed.
- Professionally and efficiently assist the public with requests, inquiries and the adoption process.
- Provide regular and predictable attendance;
- Ensure kennels and all areas are clean and suitable for animals and the public.
- Respond to all inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Process internal mail.
- Answering phone calls and
- Logs concerns and complaints made by the public as well as other law enforcement agencies, and accurately relays the information to officers.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with internal and external customers, both orally and in writing.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments, multi task with accurate focus and refocus in a fast paced environment.
- Delivers excellent customer service, externally and internally.
- Efficiently operate computer programs such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and agency specific programs.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills, define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions using judgment, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in grammar, writing, mathematical skills, spelling, and punctuation.
- Thorough knowledge, adherence and aptitude to follow safety policies, procedures and practices and
- Thorough knowledge, adherence, and aptitude to follow federal, state, county, and department policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and software such as, but not limited to computer, telephone, and all Microsoft Office applications. Individual uses appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary. Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Work consisting of complex, varied, standardized and non-standardized tasks requiring application of numerous laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Individual must be able to professionally address and work with potentially irate customers.
Individual must demonstrate multi-tasking and organizational skills. Individual must adhere to departmental rules and procedures. Individual makes choices or decisions without supervisory input on most daily activities, such as establishing priorities or making referrals to other agencies. Supervisor does provide general guidance, but allows the individual the ability to plan the procedures and methods to accomplish objectives. Individual must perform as a team player.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Contact is with co-workers and the public. The purpose of this contact is to serve the community and the public with animal control services.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Requirements: Individual performs light work, which may require lifting up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally. Individual must be able to effectively handle and control the behaviors of both large and small animals.
Physical Activity: Individual performs the following physical activities: standing, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, talking, and listening.
Visual Activity: Individual performs work where the seeing job is close to the eyes.
Job Location: The minimum work conditions for the position indicate that the individual is exposed to both inside and outside. Individual is also exposed to noise. Exposure to unfavorable health and safety factors in working conditions are frequently present including physical hazards, chemical hazards, and biological hazards.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted