Our Core Values: Be Real. Do Good. Walk Together.
Our ideal Restaurant General Manager is a flexible and customer-focused employee. You must also have strong organizational and employee Management skills with the ability to manage a multi-million dollar business.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant. Responsible for teaching, training, and leading Team Members. Must present a professional image at all times. Must coach, counsel, and develop Team Members to maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety and food quality. The incumbent is responsible for growing sales, achieving restaurant EBITDA, meeting budget, and creating a culture of accountability within their restaurant
- Paid Weekly
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dining Discount Card and be sure to ask your Recruiter about our many other benefits!
Specific General Manager requirements include:
- Must be 21 years old
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Manager in Full Service restaurant
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Foster collaboration and team work within your team
- Ability to inspire and motivate others. Experience with sales building, P&L statements, recruiting and training
- Able to analyze issues and problem solve
- Set clear goals for themselves and their team
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions
- Manages all areas of operations including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service, and operations are maintained.
- Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Ruby Tuesday Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of Department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
- Staff, train and develop their department’s hourly team members through ongoing feedback and coaching,
- Directly supervise team members, correcting behaviors as needed and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- Ensure great food is served to every guest through managing all Team Members.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
This position requires regular attendance; the ability to work up to 55 hours per week is required; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Manage hourly employees, including conducting performance evaluations, coaching and discipline.
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and making recommendation to hire Hourly employees.
- Directing work for employees including setting hours and weekly schedules and assigning tasks before, during and after open hours of the restaurant.
- Driving sales and guest satisfaction; manage food costs, inventory levels, utility usage, and Health Department ratings.
- Ensure CHARM Service Model is executed by every team member with every guest.
- Providing, directing and scheduling Front of House and Back of House training.
- Supervise and overseeing the production and preparation of food and beverage in a manner consistent with established recipes and procedures.
- Follow Operations Playbook to ensure consistent daily operations.
- Utilize digital manager logbook to communicate shift notes, product needs, equipment repairs and staffing notes with management team.
- Enforcing appropriate security measures at the restaurant so that the safety of our employees and guests are always maintained.
- Manage food, supplies and liquor costs by conducting weekly inventory.
- Understanding, managing, and practicing safe food handling procedures.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
- Manage all processes including line checks, pull thaw, prep lists, food inventory, beverage cost, truck orders, food safety, etc.
- Verify that all food and beverages are prepared to Ruby Tuesday recipe specifications about portion, preparation, and plate presentation.
- Responsible for execution of new initiatives including new product and menu rollouts.
For more details on this position and perks of being a Ruby Tuesday team member check out rubytuesday.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- 10-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Quarterly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Vernon, OH 43050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location