Community Employment Specialist
New Hope Industries, Inc
The Employment Specialist (Job Developer/Job Coach) will work as part of our Community Employment Team. Candidate has to be professional, self-motivated, and passionate about helping others achieve their goals! Position involves working in Knox and surrounding counties. Your role focuses on skillfully supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in preparing for, obtaining, maintaining, and succeeding in employment.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Work for a company that is passionate about helping people gain meaningful employment.
- Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
What will I do at New Hope Industries, Inc.?
- Assist individuals served in seeking their interests and experience and translating that into potential jobs.
- Help individuals identify their needs and preferences in work schedules, salary, location, and transportation.
- Actively support individuals and guide them in accessing appropriate employment resources to obtain employment in the community. Pursue employment opportunities that fit the needs of each assigned individual served.
- Utilize multiple resources/connections to develop job leads for individuals, including in-store/business postings, job search websites, cold calling, and knowledge in the community.
- Actively develop positive relationships with employers throughout the community to facilitate successful placement of individuals.
- Complete daily documentation of the work that was conducted with the individuals toward completing/achieving their employment goals.
What Knox New Hope Industries, Inc. needs from you.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Transportation to fulfill the requirements of the position and a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop strong internal and external relationships and resources.
- Availability to work a 40-hour work week, including evenings and weekends as necessary/flexible schedule.
- Technical knowledge to operate a laptop to perform essential job functions.
- Employment Services experience preferred but not required.
What Else do I get at New Hope Industries, Inc.?
- Health Insurance/Med Mutual
- Paid Holidays
- 1 week of vacation after 90 days and 2 weeks after 1 year
- 2 days of sick time after 90 days and earn a sick day every month after that
- Flexible Schedule
- Option to enroll in Aflac or Colonial Life
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Common surfaces in the building are disinfected daily.
Work Location: One location