Laurels of Mt. Vernon
Do you enjoy preparing delicious meals? Are you compassionate and have a longing to serve individuals who may struggle with health and physical limitations? Would you like to foster your passion for the culinary arts?
As a dietary aide, you will assist in food preparation and presentation to our guests – a great part of their day!
The Laurel Health Care Company offers one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry. This includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance – medical, dental and vision
- 401K with matching funds
- DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows associates at our facilities the ability to access their pay when they need it.
- Paid time off (beginning after six months of employment) and paid holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness
- Zero cost uniforms
- Legacy, our virtual community and rewards and recognitions program, exclusively for Laurel associates
When you work with Laurel Health Care Company, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and collaboration.
- Handles and stores all food according to facility procedures and safe food handling guidelines.
- Assists with food preparation as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares food items according to standardized recipes insuring safe food handling practices.
- Assists with the set-up of the food tray line.
- Assembles diet trays and delivers tray carts to dining areas or to units.
- Cleans dishes, utensils and equipment according to facility procedures.
- Assists in dishwashing operation and cleaning tasks.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, 16+ years old considered
- One year of experience as a food service aide in an institutional food service setting preferred.
- Covid 19 vaccination or acceptable exemption required
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It’s also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It’s what we call “The Laurel Way of Caring”, and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.