Tool and Die Maker
Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs production stamping dies, such as punching, trimming, forming, flanging, and piercing Dies. Maintains and repairs tools used for production stamping.
· Operate manual machine tools and equipment for all aspects of Tool and Die related to die maintenance and repair.
· Fit, assemble, and disassemble die as necessary. Read ribbon and look at last part to determine best course of action in repair or maintenance of tools.
· Weld or repair damaged stamping tools as needed, change over dies, and engage in standard maintenance of tools.
· Use sketches, blueprints, specifications, and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency. Machine parts and details from prints or examples.
· Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers.
· Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs, and dies.
· Design templates or jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, manually operated dies, and progressive dies. Troubleshoot or repair dies in press line to remedy production issues.
· Interface with internal customers and customer concerns, and work with team members to solve problems during the production process.
· Operate lift trucks, electric hoists, and monorails.
· Assist in training other employees.
· Perform any reasonable task as directed by group leader or management.
· All of the above duties will be performed with minimum amount of supervision
· Must have one (1) to five (5) years of experience in trade; must be able to document training and experience, or present qualifications that would warrant assignment to this position; must be able to read, analyze and understand blueprints/drawings and written/oral specifications; possess the Tool and Die Maker tools required to accomplish the job.
· Job Type: Full-time
· Starting pay: $24.51 – $26.88 per hour (depending upon experience) + $.35 shift differential
· Union Shop, must be able to work any shift.
8-hour shift and overtime as needed.
Tool and Die: 3 years (Preferred)
Mount Vernon Ohio
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.51 – $26.88 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericktown, OH 43019: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- tooling and die making: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location