Rural King Supply
Cashiers are the first to greet customers and the last to thank them. They are the face of Rural King and are expected to provide outstanding customer service and to exceed the customer’s expectations. They must provide this exceptional service through communication, friendliness, accurate transactions, and store/product knowledge. Rural King Cashiers also maintain a clean and inviting front end of the store.
- Provide customers with outstanding customer service.
- Communicate professionally and in an upbeat and friendly manner with all Rural King associates and customers.
- Greet customers with a smile and positive attitude.
- Perform accurate transactions in a timely manner.
- Execute cash management, return, and exchange policies accurately.
- Encourage the purchase of promotional items.
- Clean front windows and registers.
- Be alert to surroundings for shrink prevention and customer service.
- Always look for product that could be hidden by the customer.
- Keep popcorn and coffee full and fresh.
- Offer loadout assistance to customers and follow up to ensure a loader has responded.
- Answer incoming calls at the registers with proper phone etiquette that includes being calm, professional, and friendly.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., and RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Use general office equipment.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete transactions.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- Have great people skills and desire to help others.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to problem solve and be proactive.
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job