Patient Services Coordinator
Kindred At Home
The Patient Services Coordinator is directly responsible for scheduling visits and communicating with field staff, patients, physicians, etc. to maintain proper care coordination and continuity of care. The role also assists with day-to-day office and staff management
- Manages schedules for all patients. Edits schedule for agents calling in sick, ensuring patients are reassigned timely. Updates agent unavailability in worker console.
- Initiates infection control forms as needed, sends the HRD the completed “Employee Infection Report” to upload in the worker console.
- Serves as back up during the lunch hour and other busy times including receiving calls from the field staff and assisting with weekly case conferences. Refers clinical questions to Branch Director as necessary.
- Maintains the client hospitalization log, including entering coordination notes, and sending electronic log to all office, field, and sales staff.
- Completes requested schedule as task appears on the action screen. Ensures staff are scheduled for skilled nurse/injection visits unless an aide supervisory visit is scheduled in conjunction with the injection visit.
- Completes requested schedules for all add-ons and applicable orders:
- Schedules discharge visit / OASIS Collection or recert visit following case conference when task appears on action screen.
- Schedules TIF OASIS collection visits and deletes remaining schedule.
- Reschedules declined or missed (if appropriate) visits.
- Processes reassigned and rescheduled visits.
- Ensures supervisory visits are scheduled.
- Runs all scheduling reports including Agent Summary Report and Missed Visits Done on Paper Report.
- Prepares weekly Agent Schedules. Performs initial review of weekly schedule for productivity / geographic issues and forwards schedule to Branch Director for approval prior to distribution to staff.
- Verifies visit paper notes in scheduling console as needed.
- Assists with internal transfer of patients between branch offices.
- If clinical, receives lab reports and assesses for normality, fax a copy of lab to doctor, make a copy for the Case Manager, and route to Medical Records Department. Initiate Employee / Patient Infection Reports as necessary.
- If clinical, may be required to perform patient visits and / or participate in on-call rotation.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to interact well with a diverse group of individuals, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must have at least 1 year of home health experience.
- Prior packet review / QI experience preferred.
- Coding certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment, if applicable.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell™ Home Health, is one of the nation’s leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve – providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana’s Home Solution business
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell Home Health, cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That’s why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.
World-class employee benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team – Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.