Bobby Jones Links
MT VERNON – MT VERNON, OH
Bobby Jones Links is seeking a Certified Life Guard for Mt Vernon Country Club.
Bobby Jones Links is a traditional and modern club management company embracing the innovative spirit and character of one of the greatest golfers of all time, Bobby Jones. Our core purpose is to make a difference – at our clubs, in our communities, and in the lives of our associates.
We are not your typical cost-cutting, bureaucratic management company. We are an innovative team who is employee and customer service centric, giving our associates considerable autonomy and training. We work very hard, but also believe work should be fun.
Our company offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package to eligible associates.
If you are driven, willing to learn, dedicated to service and desire to make a difference, please join us in our quest to change club management. If you are interested in this position, please follow the link to view the entire job description and to complete an online application.
A Lifeguard implements all water safety policies and procedures; supervise members and guests in and around the swimming pool. This position reports to the Swimming Pool Manager.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Vacuums pool bottom; empties automatic skimmer; skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use
- Supervises and observes swimmers at all times to ensure their safety
- Administers to minor injuries such as small cuts and bruises of swimmers
- Maintains amenities in and cleanliness of changing rooms, bathrooms and showers
- Assists in organizing clinics and private swimming lessons for members as directed by the Swimming Pool Manager or Instructors
- Enforces rules of conduct
- Checks first aid supplies and reports needed items
- Organizes and monitors pool games at all times; suggests pool side games
- Places rescue tube and ring buoy on the lifeguard chair in the morning and at the end of the day returns these and all swimming aids and pool toys to the lifeguard locker
- Straightens the pool and cabana areas at the end of the day
- Maintains all necessary records determined by the Swimming Pool Manager
- Attends all meetings as directed by the Swimming Pool Manager
- The ability to provide exemplary member and customer service.
- The ability to get along with people.
- Must have Life Guard Certification.
Physical Demands & Work Environment Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk and or stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently:
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions including temperatures over 90 and below 40 degrees.
- Work near: moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Job Type: Part-time