The Server is responsible for always providing prompt and friendly food and beverage service to all guests following the CHARM service model. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales performance objectives as determined, communicated, and monitored by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a welcoming and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Learn the menu to explain offerings, make recommendations and suggestively sell to our Guests
- Provide each guest with a friendly welcome and memorable farewell to ensure a positive, memorable visit and promote repeat visits
- Follow CHARM service model to deliver a great Guest experience
- Suggestively sell and let guests know about current features and promotions
- Ensure Guests’ order is accurately recorded and input into the MICROS in a timely manner
- Deliver food to guests within and outside of your section
- Check back with guests, provide refills and prebus throughout the guest experience
- Partner with other Team Members to ensure Guests all guests needs are met
- Perform opening and closing duties as well as running side work
- Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food and beverage items are delivered to Guest.
- Responsible for attention and prompt response to the guests’ needs and requests throughout their entire visit.
- Present an accurate guest check, accept payment, and quickly complete the transaction.
- Answer the phone and assist with answering guests’ questions in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with the Ruby Tuesday Responsible Serving Statement Policy.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Process guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and accounting policies and procedures
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and team
- Must be at least 18 years of age (some states may require 21 in order to serve alcohol)
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred
- No prior work experience required
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- A desire to help where needed and work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local serving regulations.
- Ability to process cash handling and credit card in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, and phone.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $4.65 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Vernon, OH 43050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Food Service Hosts: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location