Cosby Heating & Cooling
The Installation Technician Trainee reports to the Installation Manager and is responsible for performing a range of HVACR installation jobs for industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Customer-based activities require an individual possessing traits of decisiveness, initiative, tact, judgment, integrity, dependability, and the ability to communicate in a technically credible manner. Job-related contact can occur with virtually all demographic groups, with the majority of working contacts being customers, other Cosby Heating & Cooling technicians, the Installation Manager, the Estimator and the Parts Runner. BenefitsPaid Training
- Paid vacation
- Employee paid health insurance
- Careers Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Year-Round Work
Representative duties include:
- Serving as a member of ad hoc Installation Department teams which are organized to conduct HVACR installation jobs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performing supervised and unsupervised basic HVACR installation support activities (after having been shown all safety-related aspects of the role and the expected standards); e.g. fabricates simple fiberglass and sheet metal ducts and transitions, installs sheet metal and fiberglass components, hangs registers and grilles, stocks parts, installs refrigeration line sets including soldering and brazing, installs power and control wiring, assists Installation Technicians and Senior Installation Technicians.
- Performing progressively more difficult technical roles than noted in the preceding paragraph, under the direct supervision of an Installation Technician or Senior Installation Technician; e.g. measures and threads piping, uses basic test equipment, assists in start-up/charge/test/balance, performs home rough-ins, installs residential units (gas, oil, electric furnaces, air conditioners, and heat pumps).
- Conducting non-installation work in support of the Indoor Air Quality and Service Departments, as assigned.
- Performing related trainee duties as directed by the Installation Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and enrolled in or a graduate of, a post-secondary formal HVACR program of instruction.
- Good verbal and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers’ instructions, and to clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, employees of other job-site contractors, and Cosby Heating & Cooling employees.
- Physical ability to perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances and weather extremes found in (Ohio). Examples include the ability to lift and carry a 100 lb. load (of the size and shape of an item encountered on an HVACR job) a distance of 50′; carry a 100 lb. motor up a fully extended 32′ ladder; and safely erect a 32′ extension ladder. Must not have a fear of heights and high places (acrophobia).
- Interest and initiative in maintaining and advancing his/her HVACR skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers’ workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Current (Ohio) operator’s license and the ability to operate all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. Incumbent must be insurable by Cosby Heating & Cooling insurance carrier.
- Ability to work efficiently given time pressures, non-standard schedule, extreme weather conditions, varying customer needs and demands, and backlog constraints.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour