Guest Service Clerk
Guest Service Clerks play a key role in helping our store teams serve and delight our guests. If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to help others and work as part of a team, this job is for you! Guest Service Clerks will greet and welcome our guests, and keep our stores in-stock, clean and organized to make the guest experience fast, easy and pleasant. This role supports the Store Manager and other team members in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
1. Greet all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
2. Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of both the inside and outside of the store. Ensure the coffee station is clean and stocked; the food service prep bar area is spotless, the bathrooms are sparkling clean, and the trash has been cleaned up and removed inside and outside of store.
3. Monitor and replenish product on the sales floor, including coolers, rotating stock and keeping product levels full so that we have what our guests’ desire and achieve the Company goal of 100% in-stock at all times.
4. Monitor and replenish paper supplies as needed in food service area and bathrooms.
5. Assist with executing Company processes and programs to provide a consistent guest shopping experience.
6. Make safety a priority within the store.
7. This role is restricted from processing sales transactions / operating the register.
8. Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store Manager or shift leader.
9. Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Store team members, Store Manager, District Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: N/A
Preferred Education: N/A
Minimum Experience: N/A
Preferred Experience: N/A
Certifications and Skills: N/A
- Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy, positive demeanor
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help other
Scheduling: This position is part-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as EG America locations can be open 24 hours depending on the store. Weekend & Holiday hours are required. You will be scheduled as double coverage only.
Hours & Conditions: Part-time (up to 28 hours)
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Will be required to stand, walk, bend, reach and twist throughout shift. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required by brand partners in food establishments. Slip resistant footwear. It is the team member’s responsibility to obtain any required work permits or similar documentation and to provide it to their supervisor upon hire.
At all times of year:
- Restricted from using ovens and walk in freezers (Except in KS and IL if over 16)
- Restricted from using ladders
- Copies of working papers must be onsite and all termed paperwork must be sent to HR (where applicable by individual State statutes)
- Cannot work more than 6 days a week
- Must have more than 8 hours between the end of one shift and the beginning of the next
- Length of scheduled shifts should meet State minimum hour requirements
- May work up to 28 hours a week.
During School Year:
- May only work 4 hours per day and may not work during school hours (generally 7 am – 3 pm) and not past 10 pm.
Outside of School year (Summer and breaks):
- May work up to 6 hours per day
- Must receive a meal period for every 4 hours worked