Commencement Registration & Summer Programs Liaison
The Office of Campus Events seeks an individual for a part-time, term position lasting from early April to early August 2022, with the potential to occur annually during the same or slightly longer timeframe. The individual will serve as part of a dynamic team that orchestrates the full spectrum of the College’s Commencement Ceremony and Summer Programs. The rate of pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
Responsibilities for Commencement (April-May)
- Handling all aspects of reservations, including phone and electronic communications, record keeping and assessments, payment processing, and direct customer service.
- Creating and maintaining all guest housing assignments.
- Working with a student team during the week leading up to the ceremony to plan and organize the Registration Center and accompanying materials.
- Overseeing the Registration Center during Commencement Weekend, which will include supervising the schedules of the student crew, being the key point of contact for parents and guests on campus, and processing onsite meal ticket purchases.
- Organizing, balancing, and submitting final paperwork to Kenyon’s Accounting Department directly after Commencement and following up with any parent communications.
- Supporting the Assistant Director of Academic and Ceremonial Events and the Office of Campus Events as needed.
Responsibilities for Summer Programs (May-August)
- Compiling all necessary paperwork from clients prior to the start of each program.
- Overseeing the daily deliverables and schedules of a student crew (consisting of six students) to enable successful execution of various conferences and events.
- Interacting with clients to assess needs, respond to requests and coordinate student crew response accordingly.
- Coordinating client check-in/check-out, including card and key distribution and collection.
- Supporting the Assistant Director for Campus Events and Summer Programs and the Office of Campus Events as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: This is a fast-paced position. Applicants should be detail-oriented, customer service focused, and able to multi-task well. Some light lifting (e.g., registration materials, key boards,, etc.) is required. Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office is helpful. Flexibility and the ability to see projects through to completion are vital assets.
Work Hours: Work hours are fluid and can be demanding, depending on the volume of events and client requests at any given time, but will not exceed 30 hours per week. During the week of May 16-22, hours will not exceed 32. This is a part-time position with hours scheduled predominantly for weekdays, but on occasion, hours may be required during evenings, late evenings, and weekends.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.