Assistant Store Manager in Training
Rural King Supply
The Assistant Store Manager Trainee is being trained to become a future Assistant Store Manager. Upon promotion, you must be willing to relocate/commute to one of three area stores. The primary role of the Assistant Store Manager is to collaborate with the Store Manager in delivering excellent operations management. The ability and willingness to continually develop product knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising is essential. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Direct store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns.
- Share responsibility of the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Use general office equipment.
- Operate machinery such as a forklift, pallet jack, handheld inventory device, and other retail equipment.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete transactions.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50-hour workweek (10-hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless hand-held unit.
- Assist in the supervision and direction for department managers and store associates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions