Risk Analyst I (11682)
- Working directly with the risk team, this position handles entry-level damage and loss claims under close supervision through the life cycle of a claim including but not limited to investigation, evaluation, and claim resolution. Also, responsible the documentation and reporting of claim information in risk management systems.
- This is an entry level position with an opportunity for growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Point of contact for Auto, Equipment and General Liability claims.
- Record reported incidents and distribute appropriately
- Assist with preparation and distribution of weekly safety call agendas and scorecards
- Participate in weekly and quarterly Claim Reviews
- File documents and information within ViewPoint and SharePoint
- Assist with preparation and tracking of collection packets and submissions
- Assist with preparation of check requests for submission to Accounts Payable
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of risk, claims, insurance, or business experience
- Equivalent experience or Associates degree preferred
- Claims Handling Experience
- Insurance or business background is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc…)
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail required
- Work with other team members as well as the general public
- General knowledge or interest in the construction industry
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class
We are a family-owned company, offering clients the accessibility of a local firm, with the stability and resources of the largest contractor in the Midwest. Leveraging the individual strengths of our companies, we collectively provide clients with more resources, capability, experience and value than any other self-performing contractor. Project range includes buildings, heavy civil/industrial, marine, material supply, natural gas, pipelines, power, transportation, and water/wastewater facilities.