Southside Diner is looking for some energetic go-getters to share the Southside experience with customers! Southside Diner is a fast-paced restaurant with a fun oldies theme and great regular customers. Come join the family. If you are looking to gain experience, we train on the job!
Kitchen Prep Position Summary: Southside Diner Kitchen Preps are responsible for prepping fresh food products for use in our restaurant on a daily basis. The ideal candidate always follows proper health code requirements, food rotation, labeling and sanitation practices.
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of correct methods for prepping vegetables, meats, etc. and using safe and efficient knife skills.
- Following recipes to prepare menu items as per restaurant standards.
- Unloading of deliveries from truck and stores in appropriate areas.
- Maintenance of store room in an orderly manner.
- Assisting with dishwashing when needed.
- Sweeping and mopping of kitchen floor at end of shift.
- Following prep lists to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices to ensure guests’ safety.
- Assisting cooks with kitchen responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum 6 months’ restaurant experience, strongly kitchen preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- Some restaurant experience preferred.
- Competitive pay
- Employee meals
- Employee discounts
- Fun, family oriented place to work!
- Good Hours – Tuesday thru Saturday, close at 8 PM every day!
Join Southside Diner in the Kitchen Prep Position – Apply Today!