Republic Services Inc
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that’s meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That’s why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Within a division, the Operations Supervisor – Hauling Operations is responsible for supervising the collections activities in one or more lines of business (commercial, residential, roll-off (industrial) and/or container delivery and pick up) in a geographically dispersed area. The Operations Supervisor oversees drivers and helpers and works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Understand and provide leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from drivers’ routes.
- Work with the sales team to identify and eliminate any unsafe conditions on new route or for new customers.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain an effective loss control and safety program.
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Understand missed pickup goals and meet or exceed expectations related to those goals.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Create, modify and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Reduce route hours to the extent possible with techniques such as service conversions and container upsizing.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable): Bonus – MIP, 10% Annual
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: December 20, 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Req #: R-059328
Location: Mount Vernon
Job Category: Field Operations Leadership