Position Title: Shift Leader
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, Classified (Non-bargaining unit)
Department: Knox Area Transit
Typical Work Schedule: Varies – typically 8 hour shifts with one rotating 10.5-hour shift
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 6 AM – 7 PM, Saturday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Pay Range: $19.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assumes responsibility for coverage of requested and unexpected absences of operations and office staff;
- Works with Management in coordination of training activities for personnel;
- Verify time cards and performs data entry and calculations;
- Assist management with applications and reports and administers approved programs funded by the Ohio Department of Transportation and other agencies; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule transportation needs, and vehicle drivers for KAT contracts;
- Coordinate with dispatch to call in staff or dismiss staff as needed depending upon the service demand; and
- Assist management in evaluating routing needs and effectiveness.
- Liaison with Management to the development and implementation of department policies and procedures;
- Coordinate transportation with Knox County Emergency Management in the event of a county emergency;
- Assist in the development of short and long range goals and objectives and take responsibility to attain those goals;
- Relate program philosophies to the public in a positive manner;
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with co-workers, agencies, and administration;
- Adhere to the policies and standards adopted by the Knox Area Transit, Knox County Commissioners, contract agencies, and other governmental entities as appropriate; and
- Attain and maintain knowledge relative to transportation to include laws, state rules, and local policies and procedures.
All application materials should be submitted to: email@example.com