General Overview: Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technicians are often the backbone of a business by ensuring the equipment and building are operating at optimum levels. This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment, facility equipment and building maintenance. Maintenance Technicians should possess a working knowledge of different trades such as electrical, plumbing, building, equipment repair and especially refrigeration.
Maintenance Technicians should possess excellent communication skills along with the ability to learn, understand and practice all company policies, practices and procedures including government regulations. They should be able to follow written and verbal instructions and complete all documentation and required records accurately and neatly. They must be able to use reasoning and logic, and apply good judgement.
Weekdays 8 am -5 pm; occasional early morning, day, evenings, some weekends and holidays may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to loud noises, cold temperatures, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical activity that requires considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, pulling, pushing and handling of items weighing up to 80 lbs. Vision and hearing are required to troubleshoot issues.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Perform a variety of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry functions under routine, scheduled, unscheduled and emergency conditions.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Complete all required records and documentation timely, neatly and accurately.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly working area.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision, strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Available for after hour’s emergency calls and able to provide basic hand tools as necessary.
- Comply with all state and federal regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, being reliable, respectful and supportive of co-workers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Work Location: One location