Full-time, Non-Bargaining Unit, 35 hours
117 East High Street
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Typical Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Contact Information: email@example.com
Under general direction responsible for administrative and clerical work for treasurer’s office.
Completion of secondary education or equivalent (high school diploma or GED); one (1) year prior training and/or experience related to County Treasurer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Serves as the front counter cashier (e.g. assists customers paying taxes, processes pay ins from other County offices, daily reconciliation of cash drawer)
• Answers phone calls and inquiries regarding real estate property tax information and verifies tax amounts due and/or paid.
• Works with lenders who escrow taxes for property owners and keeping current, accurate records for each collection; creates and maintains lender files and processes lender payments.
• Assists delinquent taxpayers with payments, sets up tax contracts, maintains tax records, reviews delinquent tax lists, and sends delinquent tax letters.
• Supports prosecutor’s office on tax foreclosure process, updates notes in real estate tax system, paperwork (e.g. updating the real estate system, following up regarding payments and dismissals, forwarding documentation to appropriate County offices, etc).
• Maintains required licensures and certification, if any.
• Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
• Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs related non-essential functions as needed.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to operate a variety of modern office equipment including but not limited to Microsoft Office. Ability to competently utilize a wide variety of computer and networking tools, software, and hardware. Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, picture, or schedule form; read, comprehend, and interpret various laws and regulations; calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages; read, copy, and record figures accurately; deal with problems involving variables within familiar context; prepare accurate documentation, including well-written reports and routine correspondence; communicate effectively via telephone and face-to-face with public and with all levels of County and outside agency personnel; respond to routine and sensitive inquiries from public and/or officials; work independently and under stressful conditions; understand a variety of written and/or verbal communications; gather, collate, and classify information; develop and maintain effective working relationships.
II. DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Work consisting of complex, varied, standardized and non-standardized tasks requiring application of numerous laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Individual must demonstrate superior multi-tasking skills. Individual must adhere to departmental rules and procedures regarding confidentiality due to the nature of information that is accessed.
IV. PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Contact is with co-workers, employees from public and private sector organizations and the public. The purpose of these contacts is to guide and direct, check on progress of work assigned, coordinating services, and job development/referrals, make recommendations and handle questions about department, programs and client concerns.
V. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Requirements: Individual performs light work, which may require lifting up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally. Occasional heavy work required to push or pull objects up to 25 lbs or less.
Physical Activity: Individual performs the following physical activities: standing, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, talking, and listening.
Visual Activity: Individual performs work where the seeing job is close to the eyes.
Job Location: The minimum work conditions for the position indicate that the individual is exposed to both inside and outside. Individual is also exposed to noise.