Knox Community Hospital
Electroencephalogram(EEG) technician prepares patients and performs these tests in the outpatient and inpatient setting within their scope of practice. Functions in the EEG lab, Neurology Clinic, and the inpatient hospital units. Communicates and collaborates with other healthcare team members. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification
- Two years of experience preferred
- Licensure: Preferred registration by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists or at least successful completion of part I (the written exam) of the aforementioned exam and successful completion of part II (the oral exam) within two years.
- Has received education through an Accredited Neurodiagnostic Technology program and/or have at least six months’ experience involving training in both practical applications and theory directly related to Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Licensed by the State of Ohio
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate ability to use standard EEG equipment and monitoring devices.
- Ability to work independently and utilize sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Having the ability to recognize pathology and differentiates artifact from real physiological data is particularly important.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers including informational and educational communication.
- Typing, computer skills and knowledge of general office equipment required. Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette necessary.
- Familiarity with hospital and client community beneficial.
- Independent judgment and initiative.
- Personal computer with windows based programs
- Microsoft Office applications
- Internet and email
- Computer documentation systems (inpatient and outpatient)
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as a resource person to physicians and their staff, family members and hospital staff
- Prepares patient and performs Electromyograms, Electroencephalograms, and other tests within scope of practice
- Edit and prepare test for reading by a Physician
- Reports findings or concerns to reading physician for prompt interpretation
- Employee will demonstrate customer service in all interaction, that is compassionate, courteous, friendly, non-judgmental and demonstrate a respect for privacy
- Cleans and maintains EEG equipment and accessories, including quality checks
- Use specific protocol for patient wires including taking them off and proper cleaning and storage
- Some office responsibilities such as scheduling, filing, computer and telephone skills
- Provides comprehensive, coordinated care management through team based care to all patients.
- Maintain the patient rights for privacy and follow HIPPA guidelines.
- Maintains concise, accurate department and patient medical records
- Performs EEG testing and understands the possible complications and contraindications as associated with the procedure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, logbooks and their proper usage.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
- Ability to assess patient, his/her need, and ability to tolerate treatment and reassessment for response to treatment
Promotes continuous quality improvement/customer service efforts.
- Enhance the services provided to patients, their families, physician/practitioners and members of the staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and positive actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, sensitivity and professionalism.
Demonstrate compliance with all hospital-wide competencies:
- Patient Rights and Organizational Ethics, Performance Improvement; Core Values, Mission and Vision and Minimal Job Requirements.
- Perform tasks that are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job.
- Participate in staff meetings, educational programs, committees, QI activities and mandatory in-services.
- Demonstrate initiative in personal/ professional development.
- Present a professional image.
- Assist with control of costs through the judicious use of human and material resources.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $22.15 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Sleep Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Mandatory vaccination unless religious or medical exemption approved. Masking is required throughout.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Licensed by the state of Ohio (Preferred)
Work Location: One location