Mount Vernon, Ohio
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Shift Superintendent at our Mt. Vernon, Ohio plant. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers. The Mount Vernon, Ohio corrugated packaging facility is a 24/7 operation with 12-hour shift rotations.
Oversees all departments on assigned shift and will fill in as needed for shift supervisor, managing day-to-day supervision, direction and leadership in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met. This position will also be responsible for training activities, projects and other duties as assigned.
- Oversees all departments on assigned shift.
- Fill in as Planner/Scheduler as needed.
- Fill in as Supervisor as needed, managing hourly employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in managing leaders and/or department preferred.
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.