$1000 sign-on bonus!
BE PART OF OUR DIFFERENCE
Owens Corning, global in scope – human in scale. We’re an international company, with solid roots in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, and we’ve got opportunities for a few dynamic people to join our local team.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation, quarterly bonus plan, and a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/ dental /vision /life /disability /supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and more.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspects, packages and labels product according to specifications.
- Operates packaging equipment
- Performs packaging operations
- Recycles materials as needed.
- Re-piles, re-labels and/or restacks finished goods.
- Assists in start-up and/or set-up of packing equipment.
- Clears jams and removes any materials that may cause safety hazards.
- Checks packaging quality.
- Operates material handling equipment
- Participates in the safety, continuous improvement, communication process, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
Understand the plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to conduct simple mechanical tests.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license, which requires a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Must be able to work independently and in team environment.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPETENCIES
The employee must be able to:
Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument, to include touch screens.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Preferred two years manufacturing or related industrial experience and/or a technical certificate.
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be drug and alcohol free.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee needs to possess the ability to:
Outstanding attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts.
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Sitting- frequently
- Standing- continuously
- Twisting and Bending – continuously
- Walking – frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Depth perception – continuously
- Peripheral vision and the ability to see colors – continuously
- Traverse through a 15” opening between conveyor belts.
- Traverse both up and down stairs.
- Reach 40” across a table.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location